1. It's best to avoid shaving the very first thing in the morning. If possible, let your skin wake up a while. This allows the "puffiness" you encounter from fluids collecting in your skin during the night to recede, thus allowing you to get a closer shave when you do begin the task.
2. Use an exfoliate such as Clubman Exfoliating Cleanser to eradicate dead skin cells and open up the pores of the skin to prepare it for a close shave.
3. Stubble should be wetted with warm or hot water before shaving. This swells the hair shaft allowing the blade to cut the hair, not your skin.
4. Thoroughly massage Clubman Shave Cream or Clubman Shave Gel into stubble. Clubman Shave produts will provide a close soothing shave and protect against razor rashes and burns.
5. Use a sharp blade. A dull blade is responsible for many shaving cuts as it drags over your face and catches your skin along with the hairs of your beard.
6. Rinse the blade often in hot water when shaving and use slow short strokes. Take your time.
7. Shaving with grain means shaving in the direction of how the hair grows on your face. It is always best to shave this way. Shaving against the grain can cause redness, rashes, razor burn and ingrown hairs, which are all painful.
8. After shaving, apply Clubman Bump Repair Gel for any bumps or ingrown hairs.
9. Accidents happen while shaving, and when they do the results can be messy. Use Clubman Nick Relief & Styptic Pencils for sealing and protecting freshly shaved skin from further damage and should be used at the first sign of a cut or razor nick.